HUMANOS stands for Hispanic/Latin employees United with Meaning and purpose Advocating for, and Networking with, Our Surrounding communities and organization.
Launched on Cinco de Mayo in 2021, HUMANOS provides awareness and support of all Hispanic and Latin cultures at Labcorp. Unique in composition, its 300 members span eight countries including the U.S., each having an array of cultural backgrounds and differences.
In its first year, the group turned its advocacy into action through the following initiatives:
- Facilitated a series of events for Hispanic Heritage Month to raise cultural awareness, including hosting a speaker from the National Alliance for Hispanic Health
- Engaged Hispanic and Latin university student populations to connect HUMANOS ambassadors with potential recruits
- Partnered with Be The Match, operated by the National Marrow Donor Program, to identify how we can help the Hispanic and Latin communities address lifesaving access to bone marrow transplants
ASPIRE fosters inclusiveness and connectedness among Labcorp’s Asian and Pacific Islander employees and allies by cultivating a sense of community while driving business results. Launched in 2021, the ERG has one chapter with 252 members located in the U.S., India and Singapore.
ASPIRE launched with meaningful activities in 2021:
- Held its first speed networking event to connect members across various levels and business units and discuss the importance of mentorship
- Created a Community Relations Board position focused on engagement with Asian and Pacific Islander organizations and nonprofits in local communities
Labcorp also celebrated milestone one-year anniversaries for two ERGs: PULSE, Promoting Unity through Legacy, Support & the Empowerment of Black Employees, and EnABLE, Empowering Abilities Beyond Labels for Everyone. All of our ERGs provide a powerful forum for our employees and allies to share, support one another, learn and develop. These groups create a diverse and inclusive environment, which, in turn, drives our engagement, innovation and overall success. The more we understand all of our different cultures, experiences and backgrounds that collectively make us unique, the better we can make an impact together for our people, our communities and our customers.