Animal Care and Welfare
The Labcorp global animal welfare policy is founded on our commitment for the respectful and humane care and use of animals in our research. Animal research is critical and required by government bodies in the development of new, safe and effective medicines, devices and products that protect and save the lives of people and animals.
We treat animals we work with in biomedical research humanely, with care, compassion and respect. We adhere to strict standards of ethical conduct in providing for their welfare. We believe that taking good care of our animals is not only good science but the right thing to do.
Our commitment to the welfare of animals we work with in research extends to our animal-related suppliers who are vetted through a global vendor qualification process.
We adhere to regulations applicable and relevant to Labcorp, which include:
- Directive 2010/63/EU, the protection of animals used for scientific purposes
- Germany Animal Protection Act (Tierschutzgesetz)
- Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986 (United Kingdom)
- Animal Welfare Act (United States)
- Public Health Service Policy on Humane Care and Use of Laboratory Animals
- Regulation for Administration of Laboratory Animals (China)